An essential oil is formed from the oil of the plant from which they were extracted, such as oil of clove. An oil is “essential” in the sense that it contains the “essence of” the plant’s characteristic fragrance. Certain plants can be the source of several different essential oils.
Essential oils are generally extracted by distillation, often by using steam but there are many other methods. They are used in perfumes, cosmetics, soaps, lip balm, deodorant, bath salts, incense, candles, food and drink and household cleaning products.
Essential oils have been used as medicine throughout history from skin care to cancer, sore throats to an aching back. Most countries have strict regulations concerning essential oils. treatment of cancers in particular, are now subject to regulation in most countries.Essential oils are derived from sections of plants.
Essential Oil Uses for Cleaning and Home
1. All-purpose cleaner: Add three drops each of lemon oil and tea tree oil to a few ounces of warm water, then spray countertops to naturally disinfect.
2. Natural mosquito repellent: Combine one drop each of lemongrass oil, citronella oil and eucalyptus oil with one teaspoon of coconut oil to make natural bug spray and rub on exposed skin. Reapply as needed.
3. Clean air: Diffuse cinnamon essential oil in the air and enjoy its anti-microbial properties.
Homemade peppermint patties: Use peppermint oil, coconut oil, dark chocolate and raw honey to make real peppermint treats.
4. Washing machine: Add 10-20 drops of your favorite scent per load.
5. Vacuum cleaner: Add 5-10 drops of your favorite oil in your vacuum bag or dust container.
6.Eliminate shower curtain scum: Using a 16-ounce spray bottle, use four drops of eucalyptus essential oil and four drops of tea tree oil (melaleuca) with warm water; spray onto your shower for natural mold killing action.
7. Clean burnt pans: Use a few drops of lemon oil and some boiling water to help remove burnt food from pots and pans.
8. Wonderful smelling home: Diffuse clove, rosemary and orange essential oils when guests come over, and they will talk about how amazing your house smells.
9. Freshen trash can: Put a cotton ball with two drops each of lemon oil and tea tree oil at the bottom of the trashcan to help decrease the odor and detoxify.
10. Home pharmacy kit : Makeover your medicine cabinet and create a family physician kit with essential oils of lavender, lemon, peppermint, tea tree, oregano and frankincense.